Tuesday, January 29, 2013

With this painting, I started off with a completely different idea.   I was going to have the Statue of Liberty standing and looking over New York city but my statue did not materialize.  Actually, I had a dream about this painting with the statue and as soon as I woke up I grabbed my drawing pad and drew the outline of what I wanted to put in the picture so I would not forget it.  My dream was a daytime dream but the painting turned out to be a moonlit night in New York.  Oh well, so much for dreams.   Have you ever had a dream and then painted what you dreamed about?   Thanks for visiting my blog.  Please come back often.   This painting is sold but I am offering a 11 X 14 copy, matted and it will fit in a standard frame.   pvindy@aol.com  

No comments:

Post a Comment